The Assistant Group Facilitator Volunteer assists with facilitating group activities for elementary school students. Activities focus on academic support, recreational, positive youth development and enrichment, and disguised learning.
Program: Burr Community School
Location: 400 Wethersfield Avenue, Hartford, CT
Length of Service: Flexible; Minimum commitment of 6 months of service, 1 day/week
Days/Hours: Flexible; Monday – Thursday; 2:45 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.; Volunteers choose the day(s) to volunteer.
- Assist in facilitating group activities for elementary school students
- Work with the Program Coordinator and with a Positive Youth Development Worker to implement the program curriculum
- Work one-to-one with students or in a group setting
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Able to communicate comfortably with youth, parents/guardians, and school personnel
- Knowledge of youth development and teaching skills/techniques/practices
- Knowledge of school subjects, including reading, writing, and math