Channel your love for children and the joy of guiding a child through moments of discovery and learning. Join our team of early education professionals and help create a high-quality, developmentally appropriate environment for children.
Position: Volunteer Teacher’s Assistant
Program: Early Childhood Learning Center
Location: 105 Spring Street, Hartford, CT 06105
Length of Service: Ongoing; minimum two months of commitment expected
Available Hours/Days: Flexible schedule; weekdays from 11:00a a.m.-2:00 p.m. and/or 8:00 -10:00 a.m.
Responsibilies: Under guidance of a teacher you will:
- Interact frequently, affectionately and respectfully with children
- Model appropriate behavior to children at all times (Control of voice tone, respect, sharing, use of appropriate language, etc)
- Engage in one-on-one child-initiated activities
- Assist with preparation of variety of developmentally appropriate materials and activities for children
- Help with bulletin boards
- Help with organizing children’s work
- Assist in lunch time set-up and clean-up
- Assist in nap time (setting up cots, reading stories, helping put children to sleep, and lunch clean-up)
- Become very familiar with ages and stages of development for those children under your care
- Follow all safety and health rules while supervising all children at all times
- Demonstrate awareness of entire group whether working with small group or individuals
- Keep environment and equipment safe, clean and attractive.
- At least 18 years of age
- Have experience working in an early childhood setting
- Willingness to learn, dependable and a team player
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply.