The Early Childhood Consultation Partnership is designed to offer Early Childhood educators relationship-based consultation services. These services focus on healthy social and emotional development of children birth to age five. Directors, teachers, support staff, parents and consultants collaborate on a range of interventions from brief phone consultations to intensive center-based consultation to manage behavior issues and improve student success.
Services are provided to parents, as well as childcare center staff, including:
- Six weeks of consultation with parents and child’s teachers
- Action plan to help parents learn new skills to cope with day-to-day challenges
- Recommendations/Referrals to other resources
- Two or more additional support visits to help implement an action plan at home and in the classroom
- Convenient times to fit parents’ schedules
For childcare staff:
- Up to 12 weeks classroom-based consultation
- Direct support with social/emotional interventions
- Staff training on managing disruptive behaviors
- Support visits to help implement a plan of action in the classroom and at home
- Ongoing staff support
The Early Childhood Consultation Partnership is available for children from birth to age 5.
For children residing in Hartford (South End), East Hartford and Wethersfield, contact Melinda Perkoski at 860-236-4511 x3609.
For children residing in Hartford (North End), Avon, Simsbury, West Hartford and Canton, contact Angelica Thompson at 860-236-4511 x3367.
Clinical services are provided in child’s daycare/school. This program is funded by the State of Connecticut’s Department of Children and Families’ Early Intervention Unit.