Volunteers will work with Burr Community School to provide reading support to students in one-on-one or small group setting. Materials are provided. Volunteers must be prepared to work with relevant instructional materials and should be able to work effectively in one-on-one or group setting.
Program: Burr Community School
Location: 400 Wethersfield Avenue, Hartford
Length of Service: Flexible; minimum commitment of 4-8 weeks of service
Days/Hours: Flexible, Monday-Friday. Volunteers choose the day(s) and time(s) to volunteer.
- During school: between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- After school: between 2:45 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Provide reading support to students in a one-to-one or small group setting. Materials are provided.
- At least 16 years of age
- Able to work effectively in a one-to-one or group setting
- Applicants under the age of 18 must provide a letter of reference from a school advisor or counselor, and written consent from a parent or guardian.