When youth are struggling with problem behaviors, it is important to recognize that their struggles are multidimensional and can stem from a variety of influences. Through The Village’s Multisystemic Therapy (MST) program, we recognize the relationship between these influences and work to help youth ages 12-18 make the changes they need to live healthy, productive lives.
MST is a scientifically proven intervention to at-risk youth that promotes behavioral shifts in their environments, focusing on the strengths of the individual, family and extra-familial systems to promote positive change.
The program uses a strengths-based systemic approach to reduce delinquency, substance use and improve family functioning and educational/vocational performance. Services include:
- Intensive in-home clinical services
- Case management
- Crisis intervention (including 24/7 on-call support)
- Treatment and discharge planning
MST serves youth ages 12-18 who struggle with significant behavioral problems in the community and are at risk of recidivism/out-of-home placement. Referrals are received through Juvenile Probation, Department of Children and Families, community organizations, or self-referral. The Village’s MST programs serve Hartford, New Britain, Rockville and Willimantic areas.
Download the referral form (PDF) and fax to (860) 231-8449 attention to MST.
For more information, please call 860 707-3670 for the Hartford and New Britain areas:
- Hartford area: Bloomfield, East Hartford, Glastonbury, Hartford, West Hartford, and Windsor
- New Britain area: Avon, Berlin, Bristol, Burlington, Canton, East Granby, Farmington, Granby, Hartland, New Britain, Newington, Plainville, Rocky Hill, Simsbury, Southington, and Wethersfield
Call 860-985-2491 for Rockville and Willimantic areas.
- Rockville area: Bolton, East Windsor, Ellington, Enfield, Manchester, Somers, South Windsor, Stafford, Suffield, Tolland, Vernon, and Windsor Locks
- Willimantic area: Andover, Ashford, Brooklyn, Canterbury, Chaplin, Columbia, Coventry, Eastford, Hampton, Hebron, Killingly, Mansfield, Marlborough, Plainfield, Pomfret, Putnam, Scotland, Sterling, Thompson, Union, Willington, Windham, and Woodstock
Download the MST flyer (English and Spanish, PDF)