Ongoing Needs – In-kind Donations
Our clients face overwhelming challenges on a daily basis. Sometimes, seemingly simple things have a big impact, causing families to focus on the barriers to their success. Here are some of our clients’ ongoing needs:
- diapers and baby wipes (all sizes)
- new personal hygiene, toiletry items
- new coats, winter boots, hats, gloves
- new bedding for a twin bed – mattress pad, sheets, comforter, pillow, pillowcase
- new towel sets
- laundry detergent
- Bus passes (CTtransit.com)
- new cleaning supplies
- grocery gift cards (Stop & Shop or Wal-Mart)
Please note that The Village is not able to accept donations of food, unless it is for a targeted food drive for a specific reason. Our full in-kind donation policy can be found here.
Please deliver all in-kind donations to:
The Village Center for Family Life
105 Spring Street, Hartford, CT
If you have questions, please contact Laura Olsbo at email@example.com or 860-297-0519.
Holiday Giving Tree
The holiday season can be a difficult time of year for families struggling to provide the basic necessities for their children as well as for the children separated from their families. The Holiday Giving Tree toy drive ensures that each child experiences the joy of the season that many of us take for granted.
The Holiday Giving Tree toy drive asks individuals and organizations to provide holiday joy for children and their families by purchasing toys or gift cards for clients served by The Village. We ask that all gifts be new and unwrapped.
Please deliver gifts to The Village’s main campus, 1680 Albany Avenue, Hartford by December 9, 2016.
Here’s what recipients of gifts from the Holiday Giving Tree have said:
- “I can’t believe someone thought enough of me to give this to me.”
- “The Program helped my two children and me. It was a difficult year for us as far as income and being able to supply them with necessities. Christmas would not have existed this year in our home. We were so happy to get up on Christmas morning and open presents.”
For questions about the Holiday Giving Tree toy drive, contact Laura Olsbo, firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-297-0519.
Going back to school can be an exciting time of year for children and teens, but many families served by The Village can’t afford the uniforms required by Hartford schools.
The average cost of just one uniform – one top and one bottom – is $30. You can help.
Please consider a donation of $30 or more to help Hartford families prepare their children for school.
- By credit card at www.thevillage.org/give. Indicate “UNIFORM” in the special instructions field.
- By check payable to The Village for Families & Children. Write “uniform” on the face of the check and mail to:
The Village for Families & Children
1680 Albany Avenue
Hartford, CT 06105
For more information, contact Laura Olsbo, email@example.com, 860-297-0519.
Second Chance Shops
Donations of gently used items, including children’s, men’s and women’s clothing, in very good condition, along with household items, books, jewelry and collectibles (excluding furniture, baby items such as cribs, strollers, etc. and electronic devices) may be dropped off at one of our Second Chance Shops operated by volunteers of the three Auxiliaries of The Village.
One hundred percent of the proceeds from the sale of these items are donated to The Village to support the programs that directly benefit children.
- Glastonbury Second Chance Shop
730 Hebron Avenue, Glastonbury, CT 06033
- Simsbury Second Chance Shop
12 Station Street, Simsbury, CT 06070
- Suffield Second Chance Shop
116 Mountain Road, Suffield, CT 06078
For more information, please contact our development office at 860-297-0544 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children Helping Children
Students and children of all ages contribute their time, talents and resources in support of the children at The Village. Many children are generous in their own right and seek to help children in need. Children Helping Children’s efforts may include:
- Organizing a tag sale, lemonade stand, dance or fundraiser with proceeds earmarked for The Village
- School and peer group walk-a-thons, dance-a-thons and bowl-a-thons where pledges are collected from family and friends in support of The Village
- Children, college students, and youth groups may also participate in the Holiday Giving Tree and Backpack & Uniform program.
For more information about Children Helping Children, please contact us at 860-297-0544 or email@example.com.