Community Support for Families is a voluntary, family-driven program that helps families strengthen natural and community support systems to maintain safe and healthy home environments, reducing the risk of child abuse and neglect.
The Community Support for Families’ team helps families overcome challenges by:
- creating an individualized care plan focused on the families’ strengths and needs, and rooted in each family’s culture and experiences
- establishing links to community supports and services for food, clothing, shelter, mental health and/or substance abuse treatment and other services
- working with families to identify and mobilize natural supports, for example, support from their church or a neighbor
- providing information on parenting and child development or other interventions to increase safety for children
- supporting parents’ connections with their child’s school community.