This month’s episode of Lunch Break With The Village focused on public health inequities and how to improve systems that shape our health options and outcomes.
Our guest was Pareesa Charmchi Goodwin, the inaugural executive director of the Commission on Racial Equity in Public Health for the Connecticut General Assembly.
We learned about:
- Important drivers of health and the impact of poverty
- Current work to dismantle structural racism locally
- Insight on how individuals and organizations can learn more and get involved
- View the Commission on Racial Equity in Public Health’s reports
- CT DataHaven: Health Equity in Connecticut 2023
- Learn more about getting involved with Health Equity Solutions