On this Lunch Break With The Village we focused on bullying and resources to help in the healing process.
This episode covered ways to start conversations about bullying, insight to help young people navigate bullying situations and tips to help them become advocates for themselves and others.
Our guests were be Carrie Firestone, a local author, former high school teacher and community builder whose books cover this topic and reflect her life-long passion for activism, and Melissa Amaral, Village Senior Clinician at Rockville High School.
Browse Carrie’s recommended resources for books that address bullying:
- Reading Middle Grade: 51 Best Middle-Grade Books About Bullying
- Anti-Defamation League: 5 Important Books to Explore Bullying and Ally Behavior
- We are Teachers: 28 Must-Read Anti-Bullying Books for Kids of All Ages
- A Mighty Girl: Top Books on Bullying Prevention for Mighty Girls
- How not to be a bystander workshop group: Take Action – National Conference for Community and Justice (NCCJ)